November 11, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving, Days 5-11

So, I've missed quite a few days of my "30 Days of Thanksgiving."  I'm sorry that I haven't been devoted to posting each day.  But I feel it's worth it to pick up where I left off...

Day 5: I'm thankful for Lucas.  He has taught me more in these past 15 months than I ever thought something so small could teach me.  My patience has taken root, my heart is more full than I ever thought possible, I am more courageous than ever before, and I have learned to live each moment to the fullest.  I am so blessed to have such a fun, adventurous little boy and I'm so looking forward to seeing him develop into the man God has planned for him to be.

Day 6: I'm thankful for my home.  Although I love to complain about it and could rattle off a list of 100 things that are wrong with it, we are blessed to own a home at such a young age.  It keeps us safe, allows us to spend time with each other, and is all ours.  I am so thankful to have a place to rest and lay my head each night.

Day 7: I am thankful for the modern day luxuries that we have in our society now.  Although some older people would say that some of our modern day technologies aren't needed, I am very thankful for the internet to stay up to date with news, for my microwave that allows me to spend more time with my family than over the stove each night, and for my washing machine which enables me to work outside of the home instead of multiple days each week on our laundry. 

Day 8: So many Christians around the world are not able to worship and fellowship with each other, without the fear of getting caught and killed.  We are very blessed to be able to attend church each week, without that fear.  I am very thankful for my church family.  Although I am often quick to find problems with my church, I must be reminded often that we are SO blessed to have each other, to spur one another on and to encourage and love one another!  I'm especially grateful for my small group ladies, Danielle, Angie, and Sharon!  You ladies mean so much to me! 

Day 9: I'm thankful for clean water.  We are SO blessed to have clean water in our country, and often forget that there are millions around the world without this simple luxury. 

Day 10: I am so grateful for our family.  It truly takes a village to raise a child.  Travis and I have continued to be very busy people since Lucas was born and I am so thankful that finding a sitter is rarely difficult.  We are so blessed to have so many loving family members to love and encourage Lucas and us!  We love you all! 

Day 11: In honor of today as Veteran's Day, I am thankful for the men and women who have risked their lives to keep our country safe and free.  Thank you to our military soldiers, past and present! 

No comments:

Post a Comment