January 1, 2013

2012 Goals Review

Back in January, I posted my 2012 goals.  With it being the new year, I want to take some time to reflect back on how I did. 
  1. Meet with God. Pray more. Study more.
    • Towards the end of the year, I started a ladies small group and this encouraged me to be in the Word daily.  We held each other accountable to our SOAP Bible Study method through Good Morning Girls.  I will continue this into 2013 and am proud of the strides I made with prayer and studying!
  2. Do Dave Ramsey's baby steps.
    • We paid off over $20,000 in 2012!!  We are still on baby step 2 but have laid out our plan for accomplishing lots in 2013, also!
  3. Make 'dating' Travis and priority.
    • I pretty much failed miserably at this, but we have such a strong marriage and I am not concerned that we do not go on dates as much as we once did.  Sometimes just being home and working on our vinyl or discussing our days is just as nice as going out! 
  4. Snuggle often with Lucas.
    • I definitely accomplished this goal!  I love rocking him to sleep, reading him bedtime stories, and having him sit on my lap as we watch his favorite shows.  He's growing up way too fast, and I'm making sure that I capture the moments while I can! 
  5. Take more pictures of Lucas and I.
    • I'm almost finished with his 1st year scrapbook and have already started on his 2nd year one.  I'm making sure to take lots of pictures along the way, in order to capture the moments of his life!  I feel like I did a good job with this goal. 
  6. Be a great friend to Danielle.
    • Hmmm... I wish I had more time to devote to Danielle!  She is so encouraging and I enjoy our long chats and honesty and trust that we have.  She's my accountability person and I hope that she feels the same towards me that I do for her.  Life would absolutely be tough without her friendship and I am so blessed to have her in my life!  I feel like I could always improve in this area, by devoting more time to her!
  7. Make changes, not excuses.
    • Accomplished!  :-)  I have learned to admit when I've failed, instead of making excuses.  I'm proud of this accomplishment. 
  8. Have fun. Smile lots. <3
    • Haha!  We did lots of smiling and having fun this year, and I'm so looking forward to more in 2013! 

No comments:

Post a Comment