March 27, 2013

He is my potter, I am his masterpiece

Romans 8:28 says "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

God uses everything in his followers lives, very often the difficult things, to remake them, to transform them into being more like Jesus.  Everything that happens to us; the good, the easy, the difficult, the grief, the joy, the pain; it all has one purpose and that's to shape us into being more like Christ! 

That's what God is doing in me through all of this.  He's shaping and molding me.  He is my potter and I am his masterpiece.  He's transforming me and working on my heart, making me more like Jesus each day.  I will never be able to successfully be just like Christ; I am a sinner.  But through prayer and study, I can try my hardest to live as he lived his life. 

And again, that takes me back to Galatians 5:22, the fruits of the spirit. 

Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Self-control

God is moving in my heart and shaping me into a more Christ-like woman.  I pray that I can show each of these fruits in my life each day.  I am so thankful for Jesus' willingness to come show us how to live our lives and for dying and taking my sin, so that I am hopeful of meeting my Creator one day.  He did this for you, as well. You just need to accept him as the Lord of your life and you can also look forward to the beauty of our Creator! 

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for giving me life.  Thank you for sending your only son, so precious and perfect, to die and take my sin.  As I live my life, I pray that I don't allow things of this Earth to get in the way of my relationship with you.  I pray for you to speak through me and that I can speak with boldness all the days of my life.  Please keep Satan away from me.  I feel the spiritual battle around me, but with your strength, he cannot touch me.  His negative words cannot discourage me because you are mightier!  Thank you Lord for listening to my pleas. 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment