March 30, 2013

Meeting the Supernatural

I didn't know whether I believed in this before it happened to me.  After telling my Pastor, who called it an epiphany event, he gently said some people may not believe me and may even think I'm crazy.  I'm willing to risk that, if telling my story leads even one person to Christ. 

Let me set the stage; I had brain surgery on Wednesday, February 27th.  I was in ICU overnight and on Thursday was transferred to the neurological recovery unit.  I hadn't slept well on Wednesday night and was very tired and droggy, so decided I needed a nap.  Travis needed a break, so Danielle came in to sit with me.  She said I was asleep only about 15 minutes, but let me tell you, this was the best sleep of my life! 

I met the supernatural, right there in my hospital room!  I can visualize it like it was today; I was sitting there with an image, a lighted being.  I can't describe it to you any other way.  This creation was just simply a bright light.  I'm not sure if this was an angel or Jesus, but no matter which, he was sent to my room from God.  He reached out with his hand and firmly grabbed my hand in comfort and gently whispered, "Alicia, go back."

I quickly rose from my sleep and all I could do was smile and stare at my hand.  Danielle was alarmed and asked if I was alright.  All I could do was say "I just met Jesus" and smile.  She just sat there and listened as I shared with her what had just occurred. 

Then, she shared how the night before my surgery, she had done some meditating in God's Word in order to have some verses to share with me.  Our plan had been for me to call her that evening if I needed encouragement or for her to pray with me.  The verse that God kept placing on her heart was Isaiah 41:13; "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear; I will help you." 

God works in amazing ways.  He shows us His power and strength through every opportunity.  He uses everything in believer's lives- and often the difficult things- to remake them, to transform them into being more like Jesus.  Everything that happens to us-the good, the easy, the difficult, the grief, the joy, the pain- has one purpose and that's to shape us into being more like Christ! 

I am absolutely sure that God was showing me through this meeting with the supernatural that He needs me down here on earth; to show more people His love and to teach people that this life isn't all there is.  And He will walk with me, holding my hand as I go.  Because of that meeting, I am more on fire than ever. 

My prayer now is that of Paul, when he asked the church in Ephesians 6 to pray that his words may be from God and bold.  I pray that God gives me boldness and His words, as I go out and speak as an ambassador for Christ!  Please pray this prayer for me as well.  Thank you, friends.

God bless,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment