August 27, 2013

Summer 2013 Reflection

The Summer of 2013 has shaped up to be one of my favorites yet!  Our little family created many memories that will last forever and I am glad to share my reflection with you!

It was exciting to have Lucas at the racetrack for the first time this Summer!  Montana brought him to Avon one night to watch our midgets race and he absolutely had a blast!  Imagine that- Lucas liking something with a motor that goes fast?!  :-)

Lucas also spent lots of time in firetrucks in parades this summer.  Grandma Missy and Bill let him ride and throw candy in many parades!

He spent lots of time playing in the park.  And just this week, he got his first big booboo... he fell off the merry-go-round at the Stronghurst Park and had a bloody nose and a scared mommy!  He picked up and brushed off pretty quickly, but his nose is pretty beat up still.  I'm sure that's just the first of many booboos with our fearless little man!

Lucas also spent lots of time this summer in the water.  We discovered that he is actually a fish!  At Kathy's pool, he jumps off the side and goes completely under the water, just to come up laughing.

This summer, we were also blessed by our wonderful family, friends, and community at our benefit.  Because of this event, we were able to pay off all of our medical and hospital bills to date and have savings to help cover my high insurance and future medical bills!  Thank you to everyone who donated, help plan, and came to lavish me with love and support! I love you all!!


In July, my family participated in Relay for Life, which was a heartwarming and special event for me this year!!  I felt so proud to take my "survivor's lap" with a dear friend of mine!

For Lucas' birthday, GT and Montana gave him the day of his dreams.  They took him to the "big TV show" (movie theater) to see Turbo.  GT even got him a Turbo poster to hang in his bedroom!  She said he was very content until his popcorn ran out... He definitely gets that from him Mama.  :-)

Lucas also celebrated his birthday by putting in his two pennies into the church offering during Sunday School, and cherishes his pencil they gave him!

Isn't my two-year-old just so handsome?!  Thank you to Kayla Smith for taking his two year pictures!



Summer 2013 has shaped up to be a wonderful summer, full of great times spent with family and friends!  Our family is so blessed and I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of 2013 has in store for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment