Help me not to give them what they can earn for themselves
Help me not to tell them what they can look up for themselves.
Help me to help my children stand on their own two feet and to grow into responsible, disciplined adults.
by Marion Wright Edelman
In my parenting, I will try to:
- Let Lucas fail sometimes, asking him if he needs help up afterwards
- Give him chores and responsibilities appropriate to his age
- Take extra time when teaching, to ask questions instead of giving answers
- Having high expectations for his behavior
- Believing that he will accomplish everything he sets out to do.