July 28, 2011

Prayer for Discernment and God's Direction

My best friend, Danielle, and I have recently been talking and praying for God to direct our paths and give us discernment to know where He is leading us.  I have never been great at knowing the difference between what I want for my life and what God is calling me to do.  With the center, we basically just took a leap of faith and ran with it.  It has turned out wonderfully, but prayer has been at the center of it all and we have relied on Christian friends and community members to lift up the organization in their prayers.  Because of how things are working out with it and how many doors have flung open, I think the decision to open FOCC was most certainly willed by God.

But what about in my personal life?  Do I just keep making leaps of faith with every open door?  Do I just trust Travis and Christian friends like Danielle to help me come to a decision?  I am so scared that I will make wrong decisions because of what I want for my life, not necessarily what God wants.  Isaiah 48:17b says "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go."  Okay Lord... I'm waiting on a sign here!  I know that He teaches me through prayer, daily study of His Word, and through my obedience, but how will I honestly know that it's HIS will?  Please pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment