July 28, 2011

Sleep Deprivation

For the past week or so, sleep deprivation has become part of my life.  I am able to sleep for a couple hours after first laying down my head, and then get up every couple of hours to use the restroom and get a drink.  I stay up for about a hour or so, thinking about things while I try to fall back asleep.  I have come to the realization that this is simply God's way of preparing me for the lack of sleep that I will face once Lucas comes.  It has actually been quite enjoyable to sit up late at night- watching Travis sleep, feeling Lucas moving around, and listening to Daisy snore.  The quiet is something that I'm not used to.  Therefore, I think I'm going to try using this time beneficially- praying and listening to the Lord speak to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment