July 7, 2012

Past, Present, Future

Hebrews 13:8 reminds us that "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  Our lives are constantly changing and evolving; we graduate, get married, have children, lose loved ones, change jobs.  Having the ability to deal with change effectively is vital in this fast-paced, evolving world.  In my own life, I can reflect back on how I have changed over the years- my faith has deepened, my political beliefs have taken shape, my goals and vision for my life have been set, I became a wife and then mom and my whole outlook on priorities changed, deeper friendships have been formed, and I developed a passion for lifelong learning. All of these changes have been beneficial and have allowed me to become a better capital "C" Christian woman.  Whether the changes were positive or negative at the time, I developed and grew through these experiences.  However, sometimes changes just simply stink; churches change their beliefs, loved ones die and leave family to make tough choices, and friends slip away.

I don't know about you, but it brings me comfort to know that our Best Friend, Savior, and Lord is constant.  We don't have to worry about what Christ expects from us.  The Bible says that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  He never changes!  Wow!  When I ponder this thought deeply, it takes my breath away... Think about it.  Your Creator, the One who formed you in your mother's womb, who created you to develop into more and more cells until eventually you had the human genetics you presently possess; that God never changes! 

You ask, why does it matter that God never changes.  Why does that matter- so what?  God does not compromise or change His values.  He does not have mood swings.  God's plan is unchangable, it existed at the very beginning of creation and still exists today.  And you and me are part of that plan!  Ephesians 2:10 says "We are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things He planned for us long ago."  He has a plan for each of our lives.  We have nothing to worry about because our lives are in His hands and He knows us better than we know ourselves.  While things may change here on earth and we may worry about the future, we must cling to Christ and have faith that everything will work out to the glory of Him!  He will guide us in our decision making, as long as we will listen to His call. 

As I move into my new position on Monday, I ask for God's guidance for both my family and FOCC.  I trust that, because this path is what I feel God had planned, He will continue to bless us for our faithfulness.  I look forward to the future with excitement and peace, as I know that "Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  Thank you Jesus! 
God bless,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment