March 1, 2011

Bit of a Scare

We had a bit of a scare today... When I woke up this morning, I had a sharp pain in my lower stomach.  I tried ignoring it all day, thinking it was just gas or an upset stomach.  However, it only got worse throughout the day and hurt so bad at times I couldn't even walk.  So I got up enough nerve to call my obgyn.  Although I had no other symptoms that would cause alarm but that didn't keep me from worrying.  My midwife got me in and after feeling my stomach once quickly knew the culprit.  She said that I have torn my round ligament, which holds the uterus.  I am hopeful that the pain will go away within 72 hours!  :)  However, tonight I suffer.  I keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it in a little over 5 months when I have my precious baby in my arms!  Please say a pray for my pain and discomfort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment