March 10, 2011

Day 18

Challenge: A picture of your biggest insecurity

Since the time I hit puberty, I have always struggled with bad acne.  I have oily skin and I was always in a sport, so I would break out even worse.  To make matters worse, I didn't know how to treat it very well.  In my teen years, I would just add a couple more layers of makeup to hide under.  I thought that my acne problem would go away after high school, but it followed me to college.  There, I developed a good face washing routine, however, and it improved.  However, since becoming pregnant my acne has reappeared!  :(  My doctor says that it is due to hormones, however, I still feel like a teenager again.  I look young anyways, so to have acne makes me even more like I'm in high school again.  I know that it is a small price to pay in order to have our precious baby, but I would feel better if it would just disappear again!

No comments:

Post a Comment