10. Although they can be a pain at times, having a pet is a great pleasure. I know that Daisy will never tell my secrets, will cuddle with me when I'm upset, and will love me even when I am not deserving. I am thankful for all of the wonderful co-explorers, best buds, dreamers, and cuddle buddies that I have had over the years, especially our Daisy Girl.
9. I am thankful for free speech. I am able to read, write, and talk about issues that people in some other countries are not able to. I thank God for making our great nation one that allows freedom of speech and individualism.
8. I have the opportunity to learn in a school setting. Years ago, women may not have had this chance and I am grateful for my education.
7. My hearing may not be the best, but I am able to hear my loved ones voices and the encouraging music that uplifts my soul.
6. Although I had a rough childhood, it shaped me into the woman I am today. I would not take back having an alcoholic father, seeing drug abuse first-hand, or witnessing violence in my home. I am now able to relate to and be an example for young people who are also facing these issues. I am thankful that God granted me these experiences in order to accomplish His work now.
5. I have my health- a properly beating heart, hands that work well, a brain that is analytical, and legs that move efficiently.
4. Despite being strapped for cash at times, we have a roof over our heads, food on our table, a warm bed to fall into at night, vehicles to drive, jobs to go to, running water in our home, and many other items that some would consider 'luxuries." I am thankful that we are blessed in such ways.
3. My family may be overwhelming and critical at times, but I am so grateful for their encouragement, love, and support. My family attended just about every game, concert, and event that I ever participated in, cheering me on despite all odds. And they continue to be by my side every step of the way and make me proud to be a part of my family. I am also thankful that I have a healthy baby boy to guide and protect.
2. God gave me a loving man to protect, direct, encourage, and love me. He loves me, his son, his family, and his community. I am thankful that I was given Travis to be my life partner!
1. I am saved. Ephesians 2:8 says "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." I am so thankful that I will spend eternity with my Maker, Savior, Best Friend, Counselor, Father, and Lord.