November 9, 2011

To Err on the Side of Grace

Galatians 6:10 says "Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."

So often in my work, I am asked the question, "what if people take advantage of you and don't really need the services."  My simple reply is always this- I will choose to err on the side of grace.  In our benevolence as an organization and even in my personal life, it is my mission to help all those that come asking for help.  Yes, there have been times where I have discovered mistruths and have been taken advantage of.  I cannot become bitter or angered over this, though.  I will choose to continue to keep giving because I want to be known as a woman who always helped, gave, loved, and prayed.

When I am standing in front of my Lord and Savior giving a testament for my life, I want him to say, "Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me" (Matthew 25:34-36).  

Those who have taken advantage of me, been untruthful, and deceived others will also have to stand before our Lord and explain themselves.  Therefore, I will continue to gracefully help all those that come to me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment