May 6, 2013

Dear Lucas

Dear Lucas,

I am so proud to be your Mommy!  You are the most handsome, energetic, and curious little boy I have ever met!  Even though your adventurous spirit sometimes wears me out, it is so neat to see you learn and develop into a smart young boy.

Right now, you're learning to be independent, so you're challenging everything that Mommy and Daddy say.  But it's important for you to learn that we are just giving you guidelines and boundaries in order for you to stay safe and to set a standard for the future.

We are trying our best to teach you to be a good boy and to love God.  I want you to learn to be respectful to those you're around and to have a big heart for others.  Most of all, though, I want you to love Jesus passionately.  I don't want you to just go through the motions of Christianity; I want you to have a personal relationship with God when you get older.  If you ever have questions about your faith, know that you can come to us and we will try our best to answer them.

Lucas, I pray often for your future; for the friends you will have, the girl you will marry, and the career you will choose.  I know that God has great things in store for your future.  Please lean on Him to guide you.  Choose your friends wisely, and ask God to provide you the proper wife.  I'm not sure what career you will choose, but I know if you keep your outgoing and fun personality and rely on God to lead you, you will surely succeed.  Work hard at whatever you do, as though you're doing it all for God.  Be a man of your word and always be an encouragement to those around you.

Please know that your Mommy loves you so much!  No matter what mistakes or bad choices you may make in your life, I will love you the same.  Everyday until I take my last breathe, I will be here to listen, hug, encourage, and love you.

I love you sweet child,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment