May 4, 2013

Dear Travis

Dear Travis,

I am so glad that God brought us together, over eight years ago!  We've been through so much since you asked me back in 2005 if I would "go to prom and maybe, uh, date."  I am so proud to be married to you; I truly admire your loyalty, strength, and humor.  You are able to weather even the worst of storms like a rock, holding your composure and patience.  I am so proud of how you have handled my health difficulties.  You've been right by my side the whole time, nursing me back to health.  When we took our vows three years ago, I know that you truly meant the "in sickness and health" part of them!  I want to thank you for being so loyal and strong!  You work so hard to provide for our family.  And even though I often complain about you not spending as much uninterrupted time with Lucas and I as I would prefer, I am so fortunate that you are such a hard worker!  You also have an amazing way of making me laugh, even when I'm trying hard to have a lousy day.  Your wittiness and crazy sense of humor brighten each day.  You're also the best daddy in the world.  You have such patience and grace with Lucas and I love how you are teaching him to treat me with respect.  I know this will carry over into his dating relationships.  I'm proud that you are so excited to teach him how to fix things, handle money, and love Jesus.  I know that with him having a dad so involved and loving, Lucas will turn out wonderfully.  I just hope one day he becomes as great of a man as you are!

Thank you for loving me, Travis.  I thank God daily for placing you in my life.  I love you!

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment