December 6, 2010

April 24, 2010- The Day I Married My Best Friend

On December 24, Travis and I will have been married for 8 months.  Where has the time gone?  In that time, we bought a beautiful house, adopted our precious Daisy, and have grown even deeper in love with each other.  I am so lucky and blessed to have a man like Travis. 

Travis and I were just talking tonight about how odd of a couple we seem.  He's the hardcore metal rocker who works on cars all day and likes sweet rides.  I'm the compassionate simple girl who likes dressing up and kids movies.  How did we end up together one may ask?!  The only answer I have to this question is this- God.  We could both be going down totally different roads, making bunches of money and living the 'life.'  However, that's not where God wants us.  He's wants us right here in the middle of cornfields, living a simple life and learning to rely on Him.  I truly believe that God placed Travis and I together.  How else could you explain why we fell in love!?  :) 

Thank you, God, for blessing me with such a wonderfully giving man.  I pray that you continue to bless our marriage and show us what true love looks like.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment